GET THIS COURSE ONLINE
Do this course at home at your own pace
- Online videos 24x7 lifetime access
- Full written notes provided
- Ongoing support included
Ask for your money back within 30 days
for any reason if this isn't right for you !
If you have never used Microsoft Word (or have used it very little) then this 1 day beginners Word course show you how to put together a simple but well presented document that taps into powerful Word tools such as text editing, images, tables and bullets and numbered lists.
By the end of this 1 day course you'll be able to create, edit, save, retrieve and print your work.
Participants should be familiar with the Windows operating system and comfortable using a keyboard and mouse.
Our computers are always installed with the latest version of Office. The current version is Word 2019 / Word 365 (desktop).
If you have an earlier or Word such as Word 2016 or Word 2013 we will explain any key differences during the training.
Still using Word 2010 or earlier? It's time to say goodbye to an old friend and upgrade! Microsoft don't support this version any more.
Want To Customise Your Training Content?
Don't see exactly what you want in the topic list below?
You are welcome to swap topics in and out from the different courses available to create your own custom course.
We can accommodate all requests. Customisation is 100% free.
Let us deliver a powerful course with useful content that you or your staff will actually use. Tailor the training around your own needs and requirements.
Getting Acquainted With Word
- Learning your way around the screen
- Using the tabs and ribbons
- Using the keyboard and mouse with Microsoft Word
- Working with documents
- Creating, saving, closing and opening documents
- Updating your document
- Working with several documents at once
- An overview of some of the newer features of Word
- Where to go for help
- Using the Word Help
- Asking Microsoft Word a question
Editing a Document
- Lots of ways to select text using the mouse and keyboard
- Finding your way around a document
- Using Delete and Backspace
- Checking your spelling and grammar
- Choosing a synonym
- Editing techniques
- Copying and moving text
- Finding a piece of text and replacing it with another
- Using Undo and Re-do
- Setting the font, font size and font colour
- Making a word bold or italic
- Adding underline
- Time-saving techniques
- Making a word upper or lower case
- Using the menu, toolbar and keyboard
- Using the Font dialog box.
- In-dents and Out-dents
- Spacing out your paragraph
Bullets & Numbering
- One-click bullets
- One-click numbers
- Using symbol or image bullets
- Setting the margins
- Changing the paper size
- Changing from portrait to landscape
- Adding page numbers
- Adding headers and footers
- Positioning items in the header and footer
- Inserting the data and time
- A picture paints a thousand words
- Adding clipart and photos to your document
Working With Multiple Documents
- Working on more than one document at a time
- Moving between documents
- Copying text between documents
- Moving and resizing windows
- Closing several documents at once
Getting Started With Tables
- Creating a table using the menu or toolbar
- Moving around a table
- Selecting a cell, row or column
- Inserting an extra row or column
- Deleting a row or column
- Formatting a table quickly
Printing Your Documents
- Previewing your document
- Printing your document or parts of your document