GET THIS COURSE ONLINE
Do this course at home at your own pace
- Online videos 24x7 lifetime access
- Full written notes provided
- Ongoing support included
Ask for your money back within 30 days
for any reason if this isn't right for you !
Below you will find a selection of additional topics.
You are welcome to select any combination of topics from those below or from any of our courses to create your own custom course.
We can accommodate all requests. Customisation is 100% free.
Let us deliver a powerful course with useful content that you or your staff will actually use. Tailor the training around your own needs and requirements.
Our computers are always installed with the latest version of Office. The current version is Excel 2019 / Excel 365 (desktop).
If you have an earlier or Excel such as Excel 2016 or Excel 2013 we will explain any key differences during the training.
Still using Excel 2010 or earlier? It's time to say goodbye to an old friend and upgrade! Microsoft don't support this version any more.
- Understanding the different layers of formatting
- Pasting contents without formatting
- Using Paste Special to consolidate data
- Transposing data
- Creating a dynamic link to the source data
- Creating automatic subtotals
Protecting a worksheet and a workbook
- Protecting a cell or cell range
- Protecting and un-protecting a worksheet
- What can you protect against?
- Setting and un-setting a password
- Workgroup protection
- Protecting a workbook
- Locking down a final version of a spreadsheet
- Workbook and worksheet templates
- Saving, modifying and deleting a template
- Creating a new workbook based on a template
Linking worksheets and workbooks
- Creating formulas that reference cells within other worksheets and other workbooks
- Viewing and updating links manually Updating links automatically
Advanced Find and Replace Techniques
- Overview of Find & Replace
- Specifying where to search
- Case-sensitive searches
- Searching for and replacing a format, rather than text
- Using AutoCorrect
- Using the Go-To-Special feature
- Creating, editing and removing hyperlinks
- Linking to another file
- Linking to another place in the same workbook
- Linking to a web page
- Linking to a new e-mail message
- Activating the hyperlink from a graphic
- Creating, editing and deleting comments
- Reviewing and navigating through comments
- Moving and resizing comments
- Changing the default user name
- What is the Quick Access Toolbar?
- What can be added to the QAT?
- How to add elements to or remove elements from the QAT
- Adding a custom icon
- Running a macro from the QAT
Customising the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
Using the Graphics Tools
- Using the graphics ribbons
- Working with the 157 drawing shapes in the shapes gallery
- Adding and editing your own pictures
- Aligning graphics for a professional finish
- Adding glow, reflection, shadow, soft edges, 3D, and bevel effects
- Using the new and improved WordArt
- Creating a multitude of different business diagrams using Smart Art
More What If? Analysis Tools
- Data Variable tables
Advanced Date & Time Functions
- Doing clever things with advanced date and time function combos including TODAY, NOW, DAY, MONTH, YEAR, DATE, NETWORKDAYS, YEARFRAC, TIME, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND
- Custom date & time formats
- Incrementing a date by a day / month / year
- Calculating the difference between two dates
- Calculating the last day of the month
- Determining if the current year is a leap year
- Determining if this month is somebody's birthday, renewal date etc.
- Time as a duration (e.g. 48 hours) vs time as a time
- Calculating a duration when start and end times span midnight
- Calculating / converting duration as a decimal (e.g. 3.5 hours) vs duration as hours, minutes and seconds (e.g. 3:30)
- DSUM, DCOUNT, DMAX, DMIN, DAVERAGE, DGET
Importing Data Into Excel
- Importing a CSV file
- Importing an entire or filtered Access database table
- What can be stored in a view?
- Creating, editing, displaying and deleting a view
- Advantages and disadvantages of sharing a workbook
- Allowing a workbook to be shared
- Protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Handling conflicts
- Implications of sharing a workbook
- Exploring the Form tools
- Adding labels
- Adding a drop-down list or list box
- Adding a spinner control
- Adding tick boxes or option buttons
- Grouping option buttons together
- Adding a scrollbar
- Showing or hiding the gridlines
- Selecting and moving controls
- Save the form so it can be used
- Creating an array formula
- Understanding array rules and characteristics
- Locating and editing an array formula
- Using logic functions with arrays
- Creating a Frequency Distribution
- Creating a Histogram