GET THIS COURSE ONLINE
Do this course at home at your own pace
- Online videos 24x7 lifetime access
- Full written notes provided
- Ongoing support included
Ask for your money back within 30 days
for any reason if this isn't right for you !
If you are an experienced Word user who creates or maintains large documents, and you want to master top-end features like table of contents, styles, indexes, bookmarks, cross referencing and fields, then this advanced Word course is perfectly suited to you.
The course will fill in your knowledge gaps and arm you with a fistful of new tools that will add the final polish and efficiency to your documents.
This course is for experienced Word users who have used Word regularly for at least 12 months.
As a rough guide you should be comfortable with at least 80% of the intermediate Word course.
Our computers are always installed with the latest version of Office. The current version is Word 2019 / Word 365 (desktop).
If you have an earlier or Word such as Word 2016 or Word 2013 we will explain any key differences during the training.
Still using Word 2010 or earlier? It's time to say goodbye to an old friend and upgrade! Microsoft don't support this version any more.
Want To Customise Your Training Content?
Don't see exactly what you want in the topic list below?
You are welcome to swap topics in and out from the different courses available to create your own custom course.
We can accommodate all requests. Customisation is 100% free.
Let us deliver a powerful course with useful content that you or your staff will actually use. Tailor the training around your own needs and requirements.
What's new in the most recent versions of Word?
- An overview of the newest features in Microsoft Word
Advanced Text Effects
- Superscript and Subscript text
- Stretching and spacing text
- Ligatures (2010 onwards)
- Inserting graphic separators and watermarks
- Adding a side banner
Segmenting Large Documents
- Creating different headers for odd and even pages.
- Creating a different header for the first page
- Splitting a document into sections
- Different types of section break
- Removing a section break
Bookmarks & Cross Referencing
- Creating a bookmark
- Cross-referencing a bookmark
- Navigating a document using bookmarks
Footnotes & Endnotes
- Creating, editing and deleting a note
- Browsing, locating, moving & copying a note
Table Of Contents & Table Of Figures
- Creating a TOC using in-built heading styles or your own styles
- Using the TOC to navigate the document
- Updating the TOC
- Modifying the TOC options
- Customising the TOC Design
- Creating a Table of Contents to view on the web
- Using field codes to create a TOC
- Creating a Table of Figures or Authorities
Index (for end of book)
- Creating an index
- Marking entries and subentries
- Cross-referencing another indexed item
- Compiling the index
- Creating an index using a concordance file
- What are hyperlinks?
- Creating a hyperlink
- Hyperlinking to another file
- Hyperlinking to a web page
- Hyperlinking to a different place in the document
- Inserting a hyperlink to open up a new e-mail message
- Creating a screen tip
- Hyperlinking from a graphic
- Editing an existing hyperlink
- Removing a hyperlink
- What is a field?
- What does a field look like?
- Different types of field code
- Inserting a field code into a document using the menu
- Inserting a field code into a document manually
- Viewing field codes within a document
- Updating field information
- Using field codes to create a TOC
- Using field switches
- FILL-IN and ASK fields
- Conditional field codes
- What is a macro?
- Recording a macro
- Running a macro using the macro menu
- Running a macro by clicking a toolbar icon
- Running a macro by selecting a custom menu item
- Creating a new menu
- Running a macro by clicking a graphic
Master & Sub-Documents
- What are they and why would you use them?
- Creating and editing a sub-document
- Expanding and collapsing sub-documents
- Things you should know about sub-documents
- Integrating a sub-document into the master document
Reviewing, Tracking & Versioning
- Simple highlighting
- Inserting, browsing, editing, deleting and printing comments
- Switching tracking on and off
- Handling a reviewed document
- Accepting or rejecting changes
Online Forms (if time)
- Creating a form
- Adding text boxes, drop-down lists and tick boxes
- Adding calculations to a form
- Creating help messages
- Protecting and un-protecting a form
- Saving a form as a template
- Using a template form
- Printing a form